Creative Lighting Photography Course - £135 - Sunday 1st December 2019 - Spaces.
Photography is about light so this fun course uses flashguns, torches, candles and Christmas lights to create a range of interesting and creative images to while away the darker night. This dedicated Creative Lighting Course is course is limited to 6 students and you will learn how to photograph water splashes rising smoke and bokeh.
This is a Level 2 course so you will need to have attended one of our Beginners Photography Courses first.
You will require a camera with a normal zoom lens (or Macro Lens), tripod and a separate flashgun for the shoot but all other equipment is provided.
Book a Creative Lighting Course below.
TWO COURSE SPECIAL OFFER
If you wish to attend a Beginners Course and Level Two Course over the same weekend then you get both courses for £250 rather than £270. Contact me for details. Subject to availability
I thought this course might not be a lot of use to me but how wrong I was. I now have something to keep me occupied on those dreary wet days. If you are in any doubt then come on this course. It’s well worth it. Dave Allen
Click below for more details
During this photography course you will learn how to take:
- How to use Off Camera Flash
- A Water Splash under various lighting scenarios
- Lighting objects underwater – Pepper Splash
- Smoke under various lighting scenarios
- Bokah Photography – Out of Focus Light Points
- Paint with Light to bring out texture
How to use Off Camera Flash
Using the camera’s built in flash can result in pictures which are flat and uninteresting. The Creative Lighting Photography Course aims to change this scenario and will give you a good understanding of how to use a separate flashgun away from the camera to provide more creative and interesting lighting.
Ideally you will require a separate flashgun and a remote trigger to fire the flash off the camera. You can use our flash kit if required but you not be able to repeat the techniques at home without your own equipment.
You will require a camera with a normal zoom lens (or Macro Lens), tripod and a separate flashgun for the shoot but all other equipment is provided. If you would like to learn how to use studio flash lighting to a semi-professional standard we suggest a One to One Private Tuition day for £325. This tuition includes many more studio lighting techniques plus Photoshop tuition on background clean up for that super bright white background look. This is also available as a 221 “Bring a Friend” option for £450. Please call or email for details.
Thank you for booking a Digital Photography Course
Thank you for booking a Digital Photography Course. I’m really looking forward to helping you to understand your camera and take even better photographs.
Please arrive for registration and refreshments between 9.30am and 9.45am.The course starts at 10am prompt and runs through until about 5pm.
There are a few things you can do before the course to ensure your experience runs smoothly
- We do have limited parking for six cars so if you have the choice of a smaller car it really is helpful and less of a squeeze.
- Please ensure you have fully charged batteries as we will be using your cameras a lot and someone’s battery nearly always runs out.
- Please arrive with an empty memory card
- A free buffet lunch is included and there will be a vegetarian option. If you have any allergies or special requirements it may be better to bring a packed lunch. Coffee & biscuits are provided on arrival.
- Bring warm clothes and a change of shoes as the practical sessions do take place outside.
- Our address is 25 Westerby Lane, Smeeton Westerby, Leicestershire. LE8 0RA. Tel 0116 279 6906
- You can find a map and directions here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/contact-us/
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the FAQ’s page at https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/faqs/
- If you need nearby accommodation please see here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/accommodation
- Full T&Cs including our Cancellation Policy see here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/terms-conditions/
I learnt a great deal from the course content and also through questioning Glen who invariably knew the answer and explained techniques and aspects related to my camera both fully and carefully. I feel considerably more confident in managing my flashgun now and I look forward to practising the skills. Peter Lawrance.
Thank you Glen for another fabulous course. The balance between theory and practical was just right as always and everything was explained in an easy to understand way. I’m no longer scared of my flashgun and I’m looking forward to practising my new skills.
As always a good day with just the right balance of theory and practical. Lots of new techniques learned and much more to do to hone them. Phil Marriott. An excellent fun day again and I have the photo for my kitchen wall I wanted. Robin Elms
As ever I found the theory and practical extremely useful and I would definitely recommend this course to others. It contained many practical tips and was great fun. Darrell whitehead on the Creative Lighting Course.