Portrait Photography Course - £135 - Sunday 11th August 2019
We covered basic portraits outdoors on the Beginners Course but this Portrait Course goes into much greater detail shooting portraits in different scenarios.
We’ll shoot portraits outdoors in shade and bright sun (hopefully) using reflectors and fill in flash. We will also look at posing techniques and explain how to capture natural and relaxed looking portraits The indoor session includes how to shoot low key portraits using window light and use on camera bounce flash. Throughout the day I’ll show you how to create a low cost studio with various backgrounds.
As this is a Level 2 Course we ask that you attend one of our Beginners Photography Courses first.
This course will show you how to create Low and High Key Portraits plus there will also be a demonstration on how to use a single speedlight flash to create several creative portrait lighting styles.
Book a Portrait Course below - Full
Sorry but the group course on the 11th August is now full and the next one will be in 2020. It is available as a 121 private tuition or may be available as a 221 day subject to finding a second person. Contact me if interested.
Another tremendous day. Glen’s courses never cease to amaze and inspire me. It’s fun and easy learning but at a high level. The sense of achievement and WOW factor is there all day long. My future models will be delighted I’m sure. Thanks Glen. Denise Reid.
Click below for more details
During this photography course you will learn how to:
- Set up a low cost Home Photography Studio
- Shoot portraits outside without flash
- Shoot portraits outside with fill in flash
- Using reflectors with portraits
- Shoot portraits indoors without flash
- Shoot portraits indoors with flash
- Shoot portraits indoors with off camera flash
- Shoot portraits indoors using bounce flash
- Shoot portraits indoors by window light
- Shoot a moody low key portrait with a dark background
- Shoot a high key portrait with a light background
Please Note… Ideally you will require a flashgun and tripod for this course. I do have a spare Nikon flash I can let you use and you may be able to borrow a Canon flash from another student. Spare tripods are not a problem.
Thank you for booking a Digital Photography Course
Thank you for booking a Digital Photography Course. I’m really looking forward to helping you to understand your camera and take even better photographs.
Please arrive for registration and refreshments between 9.30am and 9.45am.The course starts at 10am prompt and runs through until about 5pm.
There are a few things you can do before the course to ensure your experience runs smoothly
- We do have limited parking for six cars so if you have the choice of a smaller car it really is helpful and less of a squeeze.
- Please ensure you have fully charged batteries as we will be using your cameras a lot and someone’s battery nearly always runs out.
- Please arrive with an empty memory card
- A free buffet lunch is included and there will be a vegetarian option. If you have any allergies or special requirements it may be better to bring a packed lunch. Coffee & biscuits are provided on arrival.
- Bring warm clothes and a change of shoes as the practical sessions do take place outside.
- Our address is 25 Westerby Lane, Smeeton Westerby, Leicestershire. LE8 0RA. Tel 0116 279 6906
- You can find a map and directions here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/contact-us/
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the FAQ’s page at https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/faqs/
- If you need nearby accommodation please see here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/accommodation
- Full T&Cs including our Cancellation Policy see here – https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/terms-conditions/
Brilliant day! Learned lots and laughed lots too. Great teaching as usual from Glen. Thank you. I really enjoyed the split lighting photos and I’m going to practice this. Helen Bason
Such a good course. I had so many light bulb moments during the day and I can’t wait to try them all out. I finally feel able to get the more interesting portraits that I wanted to. Sharon Harris
An excellent fun course. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about all the different lighting techniques and I now feel confident in taking portrait photographs. Toby Maloy.
Glen covered everything I needed to know about setting up a studio at home and how to take portraits with confidence. Thank you. Nicola Blakeway
I’m Looking Forward to taking lots of photographs of my children that aren’t blurry, shadowy and poorly lit as before. Laura Griffiths
Everything is the opposite to what I had thought. I know to use a longer lens instead of a short one and I double my knowledge every time I come. One becomes two, two becomes four and I reckon I’m up to sixteen now. Thanks for a good course. Dave Allen.
A great course covering the topics I was interested in and how to set up a studio without breaking the bank. I got to take portraits I didn’t think were possible at home. Suresh Thalange.