Lightroom Course - £135
If you have attended the Beginners and Intermediate Courses the you should really be looking at shooting in RAW to get the best out of your images.
Picasa is still a great option for editing your JPGs but to edit RAW images you need to use a RAW editor like Lightroom or Photoshop. The Lightroom Course will take you all the way from importing your images, through sorting, rating, key wording, editing and exporting with and without a copyright for print or social media.
The pictures below are before and after Lightroom edits using RAW files.
Book an Lightroom Course below.
Lightroom & Photoshop Trial
- Lightroom Classic
- Photoshop CC
You cannot buy the plan outright as it’s only available a subscription. I buy mine on an annual basis as this feels less like renting.
Thank you for today’s Lightroom Course. I was amazed by the amount I learnt and I found your teaching technique very easy to follow and felt that no question was left unanswered. Thanks again, Geoff.
Click below for more details
Which Version of Lightroom & Photoshop to get.
- The new subscription versions of Lightroom and Photoshop can be confusing so hopefully this will make it clearer.
- Up until version 6 you purchased Lightroom and Photoshop outright. Lightroom costs about £120 and Photoshop was about £600.
- Lightroom CC is the slower online version of Lightroom which is not as powerful as Lightroom Classic CC and you require an internet connection.
- Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are so well integrated that we us we use Include some Photoshop on the Lightroom Course.
- Lightroom CC is really intended for people uploading and editing from their phone or iPads as these have limited storage.
- I find 20GB is plenty as I only upload JPGs and store all my RAW files on external USB HDDs.
- A couple of years ago Adobe went to a subscription model and called it the Creative Cloud (CC). Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC together now cost about £10 PCM which also includes 20GB of online storage.
- Originally Lightroom CC was the same as Lightroom 6 but as Adobe added new features to Lightroom CC the CC version became more powerful than LR6 and included an online version of Lightroom called Lightroom Mobile.
- Last year Adobe had a stupid Lightroom name rebranding which caused huge confusion to photographers everywhere. Lightroom CC was renamed Lightroom Classic CC (I will refer to this as Lightroom Desktop) and Lightroom Mobile became the online version of Lightroom CC.
I believe the best package to get is the £9.98 PCM Photography package which includes
- Lightroom CC
- Lightroom Classic CC
- Photoshop CC
- 20GB of cloud storage
Thank you for booking a Digital Photography Course
Thank you for booking the Lightroom Course. Coffee,Tea & biscuits are provided on arrival between 9.30am and 9.45am
- There are a few things you can do before the course to ensure your experience runs smoothly
- The course starts at 9.45am prompt with coffee and biscuits on arrival, between 9.30am and 9.45am, and it runs through until about 5pm.
- We do have limited parking for six cars so if you have the choice of a smaller car it is less of a squeeze.
- Please meet at 25 Westerby Lane, Smeeton Westerby for registration between 9.30am and 9.45am.
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the FAQ’s page at https://digitalphotographycourses.co.uk/faqs/
- Cancellations within 48 hours, or failure to turn up on the day, are non refundable – See our full T&Cs here
Brilliant course! I really enjoyed making dramatic change to photographs and knowing how to create a particular effect. Thanks Glen, I really learnt loads today. Helen Bason.
An interesting subject expertly explained. I now feel much more confident in my ability to make worthwhile adjustments to my RAW images. Barry Mason.
Lightroom finally becomes simple to use. It has been great to learn how to use Lightroom properly in terms of editing but also the cataloguing and using collections. Paul Rose.
The subject was presented in a easy to follow way and I also feel I’ve gained the confidence to experiment further with the software.