Flash Photography Course - TBA 2022 - £150
Following feedback from past students we are now running a dedicated Flash Photography Course. This course with teach you everything you need to know about using a Speedlight flash both on and off the camera with wireless remote releases. It will cover portraits, both indoors and outside, plus how to use slow flash and rear curtain flash techniques.
You will require a camera and a separate flashgun for the shoot but all other equipment is provided.
It will recap on some elements from the Creative Lighting Course and the Portrait Courses but go into a lot more depth on the operation of the flash and its menus and settings
This is a Level Two course so you will need to have attended a beginners course first. During this photography course you will learn about :
- The menus, settings and controls of your flashgun
- How to use the flash on camera for bounce flash
- How to use the flash off the camera with a cable
- How to use the flash remotely off camera with wireless triggers
- How to use the Nikon or Canon Creative Lighting Systems
- How to use flashguns for more creative lighting
- How to use your flash outdoors for fill-in flash
- How to take exciting portraits using flash
- How to use rear curtain sync to show movement
- Using repeat flash for multiple images
Book a Flash Photography Course below.
TWO COURSE SPECIAL OFFER
If you wish to attend a Beginners Course and Level Two Course over the same weekend then you get both courses for £250 rather than £270. Contact me for details. Subject to availability
Flash Photography Course
Another brilliant course from the Master! There were lots of useful hints and tips along with all the technical stuff. I’m off to try lots more flash photography. Rob Bent
Click below for more details
Learn How to Use a Speedlight Flashgun
Using the camera’s built in flash can result in pictures which are flat and uninteresting. The Flash Photography Course aims to change this scenario and will give you a good understanding of how to use a separate flashgun away from the camera to provide more creative and interesting lighting.
Ideally you will require a separate flashgun and a remote trigger to fire the flash off the camera. You can use our flash kit if required but you not be able to repeat the techniques at home without your own equipment.
Off Camera Flash Firing Methods – Explained on this course.
- TTL Extension Cord 3m – 10m
- Non TTL Wireless Flash Triggers and Receivers – YN-602/3
- TTL Wireless Flash Triggers and Receivers YN 622c/YN622n
- Nikon Creative Lighting System – Optical Wireless – Built in
- Canon Easy – Optical Wireless Flash System – Built in
- Manual Flash Slaves
An excellent course as usual. This course will definitely give me the confidence in using the flash in a variety of situations. It also made me realise I would be better off with a branded rather than third party flashgun. Gordon Bell
Another excellent course. I stepped outside my comfort zone with this more technical course but thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve learnt loads but have come away with a long shopping list of must have items.
This was a really easy to understand course and made some of the shots that I thought would be really difficult seem so easy. The backlit smoke picture being an example. The practical portrait session was also very useful. Mark Baker.
There’s a lot to take in on this course but I was able to go from zero knowledge to be using the flash effectively with some extra practice. Teresa Lardner